Your effort to lose weight doesn’t have to include strict diets and frequent visits to the gym. There are much easier and simpler ways which can help you lose weight.
Small changes in your everyday activities can have a tremendous effect:
1. Drink one glass of water before each meal – a study conducted in UK showed that people who drank a couple of glasses of water before each meal lost 4 kg for a period of three months.
2. Breakfast – members of the National Weight Control Registry have stated that they lost 20 kg or more in a period of 6 years and all of them had breakfast every day.
3. Exercise during the commercials – during the TV commercials, instead of scrolling through the channels, make a few short exercises.
4. Walk 5 minutes longer every day – increasing the level of activity for a few minutes can help significantly in weight loss. Your goal should be at least 30 minutes of physical activity each day.
5. Chew the food properly – people usually consume more food than they need, because they eat quickly. One study showed that people who chewed each mouthful 40 times ate 12 percent less food than those who chewed just 15 times.
6. Drink green tea – numerous studies have shown that epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG) which can be found in green tea reduces the absorption of fat and leads to faster weight loss. Green tea contains caffeine, so be careful not to drink before bedtime.
7. Walk during a phone call – a survey was conducted in which subjects ate 1.000 calories a day, for a period of 8 weeks. Those who have moved during their daily activities burned more calories.
8. Try to sleep at least 7 hours every day – people who do not sleep enough have a greater desire to eat. because lack of sleep activates the part of the brain that increases the desire for food. Besides this, lack of sleep reduces the production of leptin in the body, hormone responsible for the feeling of satiety.
9. Do not be afraid to consume diary products – one study, published on the portal “The study of obesity”, showed that women who ate dairy products with low-fat three times a day lost 70 percent more weight than those who were on a diet that involves avoidance of dairy products.
10. Exercise with your friends – people who exercise in group are more likely to lose weight – 20% more likely, according to one study.